This training course will prepare an Educational Visits Coordinator (EVC) to achieve their responsibilities under their employer and establishment policy and procedures for educational visits, activities including other relevant health and safety legislation.
- This course is suitable for anyone who is new to the position of Educational Visits Coordinator at any establishment or who has not completed any training for the role.
- For the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council (CBMDC) maintained establishments it is mandatory for a trained Educational Visits Coordinator to be appointed.
- For non-maintained establishments the employer will determine their own policy.
- This course represents current practice, follows a syllabus and is delivered by a member of the Outdoor Education Advisers’ Panel (OEAP) .
- This course is nationally accredited by the OEAP and delegate details (name and email address) will be shared.
Delegates will undergo training in:
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- The planning,
- Monitoring of educational off-site visits and activities.
- Effectively discharge their responsibilities
- Be able to assist visit leaders in suitable and sufficient planning and preparation
- Determine appropriate levels of supervision and suitable risk management
- Approve visits according to their establishment policy
- Understand the requirements to effectively monitor visits and activities.
Customers will be provided with tea/coffee on arrival and at lunchtime. Lunch will be provided. We recommend that you book your place on this event as soon as possible to ensure a place is available, and so that suitable resources and any special dietary requirements can be provided for you. We know that if you have booked onto an event you will usually have arranged cover and be looking forward to the day. However, if circumstances change and you find you will be unable to attend a session you are booked onto please cancel via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. You will not be expected to incur the course fee if Ofsted are inspecting your school on the date of the event. However, if a place is cancelled for any other reason schools will be charged the full fee if a place is cancelled within 5 days of the event. Please be aware that some venues will not be able to honour requests for special requirements (e.g. dietary) if you have not booked a place more than 10 days before an event/network. If you have any questions, please call 01274 9600 or email email@example.com.
Senior Leaders that are responsible for overseeing educational visits.