Delegation can so often be seen as simply giving work down-the-line to others to reduce the pressures above. Whilst delegation is fundamentally about moving duties, tasks and responsibilities around the workforce, it should be so much more than a one way river.
You may have a negative opinion of delegation if you have previously felt like work was dumped on you with little thought, consideration or explanation. When delegation is done badly, working relationships, productivity and engagement can all be damaged as a consequence. But when done well, delegation is a powerful career development tool that can empower and motivate others, build trust in teams and get things done effectively and efficiently.
In this session we will explore:
- What delegation is and why it can be difficult
- The benefits of using delegation and the link to motivation
- How and select the right colleague to delegate to
- The steps to delegating effectively
- How to demonstrate confidence when delegating in the workplace
- Half day, face to face session.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentation, group activities and individual activities
When booking and paying via the SLA Online System it is not possible to apply any discounts to the cost of the session. Some organisations that subscribe to other services from PACT HR will qualify for a discounted rate for learning and development. If you believe you qualify please contact PACT HR Pact-HR@bradford.gov.uk or 01274 435390) to book your place for less! Sadly we are unable to offer a refund should you pay via the online system.
Anyone who has line management/supervisory responsibility who realise that there is only a limited amount of work you can do during the working day no matter how hard you work.